Quality InspectorApply Now
Perform detailed inspections on a variety of manufactured components and assemblies to determine conformance to specifications. Use a variety of precision measurement and test equipment. Communicate inspection results through appropriate documentation, i.e., JDE movement and disposition, DMR's etc. Administer supplier corrective actions and DMR activity. Generate reports on inspection activity
- Evaluate incoming or inventoried components/assemblies to determine if they conform to engineering and quality requirements as documented on prints, inspection procedures and/or approved samples. Interpret and apply sampling plans.
- Initiate Discrepant Material Reports (DMRs) clearly defining attributes that are not in conformance with specifications.
- Monitor the DMR approval process through the JDE system assuring that all proper approvals are present and that the DMR is processed in a timely fashion.
- Administer the supplier corrective action process. Monitor the completion of corrective actions and obtain approvals from Purchasing and Quality Engineering.
- Investigate component/assembly quality issues found to be evident in processes beyond incoming inspection.
- Monitor and maintain the accuracy of the inventory in the Discrepant Material Location (DMA).
- Create and/or update incoming inspection work instructions in Microsoft Access database.
- Perform sorting operations when practical to allow for continued production.
- Maintain records of inspections.
- Generate reports summarizing inspection activity
- Desirable to have certificates in Precision Measurement and Gauging, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Necessary to have a thorough knowledge of many types of precision measurement equipment including the use of a CMM and Vision systems.
- Familiar with the application of sampling plans such as ANSI/ASQ Z1.9. JDE and PC software such as Word, Excel and Access are required. Basic understanding of statistical data analysis is also required. Position requires above averaged math skills including the knowledge of some trigonometry.
- 3 to 5 years experience in an inspection function utilizing precision measurement and test equipment